Welcome to Daniel Highmoon, the online home of Daniel M. Perez.
A few facts about me:
- I’m originally from San Juan, Puerto Rico, and I have lived in the US since 1995. I lived in Miami for almost 20 years, then hopped around to Cincinnati, Ohio; Milwaukee, Wisconsin; Orlando, Florida; and now I make my home in Delaware.
- I’m in my mid 40s.
- I’m married to a wonderful woman, and I’m a father to two beautiful, smart, and sassy daughters.
- I’m a registered nurse with a Bachelors of Science in Nursing, though I don’t really talk much about my day work because it’s a mine field that can cost a nurse their job. I also have a Bachelors of Arts in English.
- I was raised Catholic, converted to Judaism for 14 years, then converted to Christianity in 2016. I love my journey and I’m always happy to answer honest questions.
- I’m a lifelong geek, gamer, and writer. I run Highmoon Press as a way to publish my creations, including two semi-regular zines, Rhymes With Seen (a personal/essays zine) and Zine of Wondrous Power (a tabletop roleplaying games zine). I also have a novel I wrote years ago which I will finish editing and publish one day.
- I love connecting with nature via backyard gardening, hiking, and trying to live a more sustainable life. I talk about all these topics on Twitter at @DanielHigmoon and run a YouTube Channel called DanielHighmoon: Connecting With Nature.