In no particular order:
- Being a father is the absolute best thing in the world, best job I never knew I wanted.
- I have way more patience than I ever thought I did.
- I don’t have nearly enough patience at times. I try my best not to lose it, but when I do, I always apologize to my daughter.
- I melt every time she says, “Daddy helpy me.”
- Sometimes I just have to let her make the messiest of messes.
- I suck at putting together outfits for my girl, but when I get it right, I rock.
- Sometimes I need some time to myself, and when I get it, I miss her. Same when she goes to sleep.
- They truly grow so fast.
- I understand, treasure, and love my own parents even more now, and I forever wish they were still alive to share in the joy that is my daughter.
- I love my child with all that I have to give and more. Loving her makes me love my wife more, and helps me understand a little God’s love for us, His children.
Photo: My daughter and I by Caitlyn McGinnis.